Past Fair Directors Camping Rules
- Past Fair Directors who have served at least a full three-year term may continue to camp for free for two years after their term has ended.
- After those two years, the past fair director will pay fifty percent of the normal camping fee for the week of the fair. This is in effect for any past fair directors who had served a full three-year term for up to ten years.
- If the past director were to pass away within those ten years, this policy does not continue. Any family members who wish to continue camping at such site must pay full price and/or they have the option to join on the auxiliary board.
For more information on fair camping and short-and-long-term camping, visit our camping page.
- During Fair Week, alcohol is allowed only in the camping area or designated areas as defined by liquor permits.
- No coolers are permitted in the Grandstand at any time, specifically during events
- Unauthorized use of drones; live-streaming video (of any kind) of ticketed and free events for public viewing or for financial gain; during Fair Week or other ticketed events is prohibited. Interested media partners should contact the Van Wert County Agricultural Society Marketing Director at email@example.com to establish a contractual agreement.
- Media Passes are not guaranteed for all employees of our media partners. Media Passes will be limited to one (1) weekly pass during Fair Week. Additional passes must be purchased.
Pet Policy (applicable to all)
- In accordance with The State of Ohio Laws and Administrative Rules, the Van Wert County Agricultural Society requires the following out of pet owners staying in the long-term camping area or camping during Fair Week:
- All animals must be leashed at all times, while outside, in such a manner that it does not infringe on a neighboring campsite or interfere with or menace passersby. Dogs must be leashed and under control while on Fairgrounds property.
- Animals are not permitted to roam free. Renters are fully responsible for their pet and their pet’s waste.
- Animal waste must be removed from the lot by the owner, properly. Bag the waste and dispose of it in available waste receptacles. DO NOT PLACE FECAL MATTER OR WASTE MATERIALS IN THE RECEPTACLES UNBAGGED.
- All pet owners must provide proof of current rabies inoculation for the animal and provide a collar or tag bearing the owners name and address
- No animal shall be left outside unattended.
- Dogs are allowed to be walked on the grounds while no events are taking place as long as they are kept on a leash, have good behavior, and picked up after.
- Dropping off unwanted pets of any kind will not be tolerated.
Failure to comply with these rules set forth by the Van Wert County Agricultural Society is grounds for termination of the rental agreement and the renter/pet owner will be asked to leave the premises.
- No motorized vehicles are allowed on the race track or the motocross track without prior written approval and signed waivers (if applicable). Violators of this rule will be asked to leave, risked being banned from the grounds, or subject to prosecution.