Past Fair Directors Camping Rules
- Past Fair Directors who have served at least a full three-year term may continue to camp for free for two years after their term has ended.
- After those two years, the past fair director will pay fifty percent of the normal camping fee for the week of the fair. This is in effect for any past fair directors who had served a full three-year term for up to ten years.
- If the past director were to pass away within those ten years, this policy does not continue. Any family members who wish to continue camping at such site must pay full price and/or they have the option to join on the auxiliary board.
For more information on fair camping and short-and-long-term camping, visit our camping page.
Event and guest safety is a priority. Questionable behavior will not be tolerated.
- All individuals purchasing and/or consuming alcoholic beverages must be a minimum of twenty-one years of age. We reserve the right to refuse alcohol service to anyone who cannot provide proper identification to verify age.
- Alcohol is allowed only in the camping area or designated areas as defined by liquor permits during events on the fairgrounds.
- No coolers are permitted in the Grandstand at any time, specifically during events.
- Underage drinking is not permitted under any circumstances.
- We reserve the right to: remove any guest who purchases and supplies alcohol to a minor or to anyone who has already been refused service; refuse alcoholic beverage service to anyone who appears intoxicated; remove any guest; discontinue all alcohol service for failure to abide by Ohio laws, and/or the instruction of the event bar staff. No refund will be given for any inconvenience or embarrassment caused.
- Unauthorized use of drones; live-streaming video (of any kind) of ticketed and free events for public viewing or for financial gain; during Fair Week or other ticketed events is prohibited. Interested media partners should contact the Van Wert County Agricultural Society Marketing Director at email@example.com to establish a contractual agreement.
- Media Passes are not guaranteed for all employees of our media partners. Media Passes will be limited to one (1) weekly pass during Fair Week. Additional passes must be purchased.
- In accordance with The State of Ohio Laws and Administrative Rules, the Van Wert County Agricultural Society requires the following out of pet owners staying in the long-term camping area or camping during Fair Week:
- All animals must be leashed at all times, while outside, in such a manner that it does not infringe on a neighboring campsite or interfere with or menace passersby. Dogs must be leashed and under control while on Fairgrounds property.
- Animals are not permitted to roam free. Renters are fully responsible for their pet and their pet’s waste.
- Animal waste must be removed from the lot by the owner, properly. Bag the waste and dispose of it in available waste receptacles. DO NOT PLACE FECAL MATTER OR WASTE MATERIALS IN THE RECEPTACLES UNBAGGED.
- All pet owners must provide proof of current rabies inoculation for the animal and provide a collar or tag bearing the owners name and address
- No animal shall be left outside unattended.
- Dogs are allowed to be walked on the grounds while no events are taking place as long as they are kept on a leash, have good behavior, and picked up after.
- Dropping off unwanted pets of any kind will not be tolerated.
- No motorized vehicles are allowed on the race track or the motocross track without prior written approval and signed waivers (if applicable). Violators of this rule will be asked to leave, risked being banned from the grounds, or subject to prosecution.
Liability Proof of Insurance: The Lessee, at its own cost and expense, shall obtain commercial liability insurance covering their operations which are subject of this agreement. Such liability insurance shall cover both injury and property damage liability and shall provide a limit of coverage of not less than $500,000 per occurrence for the Junior Fair Building and Dairy Barn rentals. The Annex, EMR, Commercial Building and Agricultural Building rentals require liability insurance that shall cover both injury and property damage liability and shall provide a limit of coverage of not less than $250,000 per occurrence. The Van Wert County Agricultural Society needs to be named as an additional insured on the policy. The lessee is responsible for obtaining this coverage through their insurance provider as well as providing said coverage in printed or digital format prior to picking up the key for the rental. Learn more about our rentals on our rental page.