The mission of the Van Wert County Agricultural Society is to educate, enhance and preserve our agricultural roots through our youth and our community.
Past Fair Director Camping Policy
Past Fair Directors who have served at least a full three year term may continue to camp for free for two years.
After those two years then pay fifty percent of the normal camping fee for the week of the fair. This is in affect for any past fair directors who had served a full three year term for up to ten years.
If the past director were to pass away within those ten years this policy does not continue. Any family members who wish to continue camping at such site must pay full price and/or they have the option to join on the auxiliary board.
Fair Camping Rules
2023 CAMPING RATES, RULES, & REGULATIONS
DIRECTOR IN CHARGE: RYAN ADAM
Camping Rate for Week of Fair: 2023 – $185.00 / 2024 – $200.00
2023 Fair Camping – Must be paid by March 1, 2023 | $5.00 per month late fee added after March 1, 2023
1.) Persons wishing to camp during the fair must purchase a membership certificate and a camping permit at the Fair Office. The Fair Office will also issue a lot assignment, which is needed before parking a camper or trailer.
2.) Camping permits are for campers/trailers only and do not include a reserved parking spot for vehicles. Campers/trailers must be parked in the assigned lot and display camping permit in the front of the camper/trailer.
3.) Campers with odd lot numbers in south row of section H and even numbered lots in section J may pull in after 12 noon on the Saturday prior to the fair. No other camper/trailer may be placed in its assigned lot prior to 12 noon on the Sunday preceding the start of the fair. The schedule for pulling in campers is subject to change, based on weather and grounds conditions.
4.) Campers are not guaranteed the use of their awning in any of the designated camping areas.
5.) Anyone holding the same lot # for years 2021 & 2022 may purchase the same lot for 2023 and thereafter.
6.) Camping lot assignments for 2021 and 2022 that have a different name for each year will be reviewed by the Camping Committee. If one (1) lot is assigned to two (2) different parties, and a simple solution cannot be reached as to who gets the lot (such as one of the parties voluntarily forfeiting the lot) the Committee will decide with a drawing who is awarded the lot. Both parties are to be present for the drawing.
7.) Resale of camping permits is prohibited. Anyone found in violation will forfeit the camping lot that is in his or her name, and the Camping Committee will permanently reassign the lot. A one-time exception to this rule may be made if a person has paid them current year lot fee and is unable to use the lot. Such exceptions will be made at the discretion of the Fair Office after notification.
8.) Anyone wishing to stop camping at the fair will notify the Fair Office. The Camping Committee will then permanently reassign the lot.
9.) A waiting list, by camping area, is available for anyone who desires a change in camping lots.
10.) 2023 Camping permit fees MUST be paid by March 1, 2023. A $5.00 per month late fee will be added after March 1, 2023. The Camping Committee will permanently reassign lots with unpaid fees after this date.
11.) A dump station is available for use near Gate #1 (Balyeat Ave)
12.) All fire department regulations must be followed.
13.) The Van Wert County Fair reserves the right to all of the following:
- a) To take any amount of space from any area needed for any improvements to the fairgrounds. In case of such event, all campers involved will be notified 30 in advance of the fair.
- b) To raise camping permit fees at any time. This may be done without any advance notice to campers.
- c) To limit any area to Livestock Exhibitors only.
- d) To accept or reject any or all camping permit requests.
14.) Any camper in violation of any of the above rules may be towed away at the owners risk and expense.
15.) Reserve parking for 2023 will be $25 per space. The 2024 reserve parking price will be $25.
16.) All campers must be backed in except in the following lots: A-28, B-24, C-0, F-10
Long Term Camping
DID YOU KNOW THE VAN WERT COUNTY FAIR HAS CAMPSITE LOCATIONS AVAILABLE ALL YEAR-ROUND?
Our campsites include full hook-up (electric, water, and a dump station) with 50 amp electric. Camping rates are as follows:
Stop in our office during business hours to inquire or give us a call for more information. There is an application to fill out and each application is reviewed individually. Once approved, we will be in contact with you.
PLEASE KNOW THAT THIS IS A STRICT POLICY AND FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL RESULT IN PROSECUTION. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR COOPERATION.
Frequently Asked Questions
We could go on and on! Prepare yourself for delicious fair food like fries, funnel cakes, lemon shakeups, hot dogs, burgers, bbq, ice cream and more! Follow our Facebook page during Fair week to see what is on the grounds or better yet, come to the Fair and explore for yourself!
You can pick up a fair book at the Fair Office or they will be available online on our website.
Ride bands can be purchased at the Fair office. Bring cash or a check to avoid credit card processing fees. Midway opens daily at 10:00 am.
Event tickets are available in the fair office or you can buy them online through our website. Visit our Admissions page to get your tickets. Tickets to the concert can only be purchased at www.vanwertlive.com
- Non-fair season: Gate 2 (Across from the Shell Gas Station on SR 127)
- During Fair: General Admission is Gate 1 (Balyeat Ave) and Gate 5 (Fox Rd.)
- Permit Parking Only: Gate 4 (Fox Rd.)
If you are unsure of where to go, just give us a call at 419-238-9270 and we will guide you.
General Parking for Fair is in Gate 1 and 5. Our gate attendees will also help direct you on where to go.
You can buy a membership! You will stop in the Fair Office for a petition. We will share what township is up for term. This is open to all Van Wert County residents.
- You can buy concert tickets before the general public
- Includes gate admission during Fair Week
- Discounted youth ticket available with purchase of a membership
- Voting for Van Wert County Agricultural Society (must be Van Wert County resident to participate)
- Buying a membership gives you early buying opportunity for concert tickets at The Grandstand during Fair.
- We require one membership per camping spot. Stop by our office at 1055 S. Washington St in Van Wert, OH to get your membership, today!
- We would love to have our Van Wert Live members also be Van Wert County Fair members. Benefits of being a Fair Member include gate admission during Fair Week, available discounted youth tickets, and voting rights for the Van Wert County Agricultural Society.
- It’s easy! Visit the Fair Board office at 1055 S Washington St., in Van Wert, OH. All memberships must be sold in person, so we’d love to see you!
- Membership to the Van Wert Agricultural Society is only $30! And membership passes will be available at any time.
We’d love to get you a season pass! Stop in and see us and we’ll get you squared away. Or visit our Admissions page to buy one online.
Have a question?
Give us a call at 419-238-9270 and we’ll be happy to assist you. Or, you can contact us through our website.