RWD Cars no more than 106"wheelbase FWD Cars no more than 109"wheelbase NO FULL FRAME CARS
1. Any questions call first if it doesn't say you can, don't do it. Cars must be stock unless modification is stated in the rules. No painting of the frames. Judges decisions are final. All cars are subject to re- inspection at any time before, during, or after the event no refunds on illegal cars. We have the right to re-inspect, cut, or drill any car at any time. If you are caught breaking the rules set here forth you will forfeit any and all winnings and or prizes you are due.
2. All glass, plastic, and interior must be removed before arriving to the event. Cars must be stock unless modifications stated in rules. We have the right to re-inspect, drill, or cut any car at any time. If you stretch a rule you will lose that rule.
3. At least a 12” x 12” Roof Sign is Mandatory.
4. Helmet, Seat Belt, Long Sleeves/Pants & Eye Protection must be worn at all times on the track.
1.Doors may be welded all the way around on outside of body only with 1⁄4: x 3” wide strapping no excessive overlapping of strapping is permitted.
2. Deck lids and tailgates may be welded with a 5” on 5” off rule using 1⁄4” x 3” wide pieces of steel or 9 wired or banding in 8 spots. Deck lids and tailgates must be in original location deck lids may be folded down in the trunk, trunk lids may be dipped along with speaker deck. Speaker deck can be removed, but trunk lid can only be welded to quarter panels and taillight assembly only nothing
may be welded inside of trunk. Deck lids must be factory for make and model of car.
3. Hood may be 9 wired in 8 places or bolted in 6 places bolts may be 5/8” in dia. front 2 body mounts may extend through core support and used as front 2 of the 6 hood bolts 1” all thread max you cannot sleeve the all thread with anything from bottom of core support and above. A 12” hole minimum must be in the hood.
4. No interior body seam welding will be permitted. Doors can be welded on outside of body only. On preran cars the doors may be repaired back to stock. Rust repair is limited to floorboards and roofs only.
5. You may have a window bar or wire in windshield and rear window if using metal, it can be no thicker than 3/8" and no wider than 3" you may use 2 x 2 pipe. Not solid. These may not touch the rollover bar. They can be welded to roof and firewall no more than 6" from the window area. And welded to the floor directly above rear axle the rear window bar cannot be attached to anything else except for roof of car and floor pan and welded 6"at the rear window on roof and 6” on floor pan.
6. Hoods must be open for inspection. Must have a 12" x 12" hole over carburetor.
7. Cars may not be smashed flat if cars are tucked the rear quarter panels must stay at the factory height deck lids must be in factory location (above rain channels).
8. You can add a piece of angle (4" x 4" x 1⁄4"max.) to top of the core support but can be no longer than 1" wider than the radiator no other metal permitted on core support. No other metal permitted to be welded to core support.
9. Original gas tank must be removed and replaced with a boat-type tank or fuel cell. Moved inside of car behind driver’s seat but no further back than rear axle. No stock fuel tanks permitted inside of car.
10. Batteries must be moved to passenger side floor board and securely fastened.
1.You may have a 4-point cage surrounding the drivers compartment with a roll over bar. Bars 6" diam. Max must be sheet metal to sheet metal only. Dash bar must be 5” away from all sheet metal, the bar behind the seat can sit no further back than 12” from rear of driver’s seat and must be at least 5" off the floor measured from the highest part of the floor/ driveshaft tunnel. You may use a rollover bar from front side of roll bar across the roof down to dash bar this may not connect to sheet metal. Door bars may be no farther forward than the firewall and extend into rear doors on 4 door cars they must stop 2” from back of door on 2 door cars they must stop 3” from rear wheel well on the body the rear of these bars must be free floating and may not attach to body.
2. No angling of roll over bars permitted.
3. You may have gussets in cage at the corners. They must be within 6” of corners of bars only no other gussets will be permitted.
4. You may use 2 down legs to the frame from the rear bar down to frame these must run straight down no angling of the down legs permitted.
5. You may use a floating gas tank protector that comes off the back bar but it cannot be wider than 24" The gas tank protector or holder may go all the way back to the sheet metal. The gas tank protector must stop at the sheet metal in front of rear axle and rear seat meet.
6. A center bar from rear seat bar to dash bar is permitted. You may use a bar from the roll over bar on roof across the front roof down to dash bar. Door bars may not extend farther forward than the firewall.
1.Trailer hitches and braces must be removed. No plating, pinning, heat treating, stuffing the frame of any kind. Do not paint frame? No welds on frame or K member may exceed a single pass no weave passes or building the weld up will be permitted.
2. No frame creasing or hammering permitted. You can notch or crease rear frame this is to help rear of car roll not to strengthen the frame. Frame welding is limited to front and rear bumper areas. you may do one of the following not both 1 you can weld 1 seam per side on body from firewall forward or 1 seam per side on k member with no metal added. Front frame may be shortened to front side of core support. Core support must remain in stock location.
3. If a frame section needs to be replaced or repaired (rust) you must call first. On pre-ran cars if the frame is shortened in the rear and bumper replaced the bumper shocks may not be located closer than 6" from hump plate.
4. Angles for cross member can't be longer than 5" and must be within 12" from factory location.
5. for coil sprung cars you may use a hump plate they may be 1⁄4" x 6" x 16" centered in the hump they will be measured from the top center of the hump and must start no lower than the center of the frame. Hump plate must be at least 2" from rear end housing. On leaf spring cars you may use a 1⁄4" x 6" x 10" hump plate to be measured the same way. These hump plates may contour the frame or run straight a
6. You may clip pre-ran cars with a single butt weld with no metal added must use same make and model of frame all factory holes in frame must remain open no welding these holes shut permitted. To clip a car, you must call to get approval. cross hump. Hump plate must remain flat plate no bending of this over the top or bottom of frame.
7. Front mounting points on K members may be welded to body of car no more than a 3” welded area per side permitted they may be bolted solid.
8. Sway bar and bracket may be welded to the frame this must be in stock location and must only be welded to bottom of frame.
1.Homemade bumpers are permitted they must be no bigger than 8 1⁄2 “at any point no sharp or excessive points will be permitted, this will be measured with a fixture bumpers larger will not run no exceptions. There will not be a tolerance for the 8 1/2 “measurement. If using a factory bumper it may be loaded or stuffed full.
2. Bumpers may be no lower than 14” and no higher than 20” to bottom of bumper this will be strictly enforced. Bumper seams may be welded metal may be added to bumper this must be done on the inside of the bumper front bumper only. Rear bumper may be seam welded no metal may be added to rear bumper.
3. Bumper shocks and bumper brackets may be welded to the frame. Bumper brackets and or shocks must be no longer than 12” in length and welded to inside or outside of frame if welded to outside of frame they must be on the side towards the outside of car. They will be measured from back side of bumper back. You can hard nose the front bumper you may use a 2” x 6” x 1⁄4” plate to weld bumper the frame 2 per mounting point these plates must be on side of frame not permitted on top or bottom of frame. You may weld shock to frame factory bumper shocks can only be 12” from end of frame and may not be moved back on frame.
1. No chains on engine permitted solid or aftermarket mounts are ok.
2. 4 & 6 Cyl. Engines only. Distributor protectors are allowed, nothing that attaches to engine can be wider than the stacks i.e. dist. protector, engine cradles etc. or be used to strengthen cars.
3. Oil pan and transmission pan may be plated the plate used may be only 1” wider than the pan they are welded to they may not connect in any way.
4. No steel bell housings allowed. 5.You may use a transmission brace these may not strengthen car in any way and must be approved officials.
1. You may modify tie rods. Valve stem protectors are permitted. A-arms must remain in stock configuration. Any tire permitted. Rear trailing arms may be home made no bigger than 2 x 2 square tubing or pipe.
2. Upper a-arms may be welded down with a 1⁄4" x 2" x 2" piece of steel on front and back side of upper a- arm and you may plug weld the center of the a-arm. Lower a-arms may not be welded. Cars do not have to bounce. Solid suspension is allowed. Coil springs in rear may be welded wired or chained to rear end.
3. Rear end protectors may be used but may not be used to strengthen car in any way. Leaf spring cars may replace broken springs with factory 1⁄4 “leaf springs only. No more than 5 springs allowed and must have a 2" stagger and mounted in factory location you cannot change coil spring to leaf spring set ups.
4. Idler arm must be bolted factory to frame no bolts will be permitted all the way through the frame. Sway bar may be welded to bottom of frame in the factory location you may use a 1 1⁄2 " x 4” bracket or a 2" square tubing or pipe to weld to sway bar to attach to frame. You cannot move the sway bar they must mount in factory location.
5. On front wheel drive cars, you may reinforce the rear axle assembly with 2” x 2” square tubing, 2” angle or 2” wide flat plate this may not in any way reinforce the body of the car nothing bigger than 2” X 2” may be used. And the 2” X 2“can attach to rear hubs.
JUDGES DECISIONS ARE FINAL!
1055 S. Washington St.
Van Wert, OH 45891
Monday 9 am -5 pm Tuesday 9 am - 7 pm Wednesday 9 am - 5 pm Thursday 9 am - 5 pm Friday 9 am - 5 pm